Sam's A level Year one page
Checklist/Tips for essay writing
- Appropriate detail for AO1
- Be Evidence based throughout- where you can support with research- do.
- Avoid "I think"
- Remain formal in your writing (conducted a study rather than "did a study")
- Do not include too much detail in the studies- is the detail of value to the essay?
- Ground (link research to theory)
- Think about timing- too much on AO1?
- Make sure evaluation is of the explanation and not just the research
- Consider application as an evaluation- good or bad?